IMPORTANT AUDIENCE INFORMATION
Here’s everything you need to know about being an audience member for our unconventional staging of Charles L. Mee’s FULL CIRCLE:
- Instructions: Much care is being taken (starting with this note) to make sure that you know what you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it, and (most often) how you are supposed to do it. There will be signs up throughout the space, as well as performers whose job it will be to help guide you through the event. There won’t be a moment when you won’t know where you’re supposed to be and what is expected of you...except once or twice, and we promise it will purposeful and safe.
- Mobility Issues: Special accommodations are being made to limit the amount of travel for those audience members with mobility issues. Please alert the box office when you arrive if you require limited movement accommodations.
- No Reserved Seating: Given the multiple locations, the migration of the audience, and the complete reconfiguration of the theatre, there will be no assigned or reserve seating for FULL CIRCLE.
- Box Office: When you arrive at the theatre, you’ll pick up your tickets at the box office as normal. Instead of receiving a normal ticket, however, you will be receiving a color that will correspond to one of four locations in the building where the first scene will take place.
- Standing: There will be portions of the show where the audience will be standing. These sections will not be long in duration and accommodations will, of course, be made for those individuals who are unable to stand.
- Assisted Listening: Our assisted listening system only works in the theatre so headsets will be of no use for those scenes taking place in other parts of the building. We are taking great care to ensure the maximum audibility of each scene.
- Shoes: Given the fact that the audience will be moving around and standing a fair bit, we recommend that you wear comfortable shoes.
- Coat Check: We will have a complimentary coat check available for you to store coats and bags during the course of FULL CIRCLE so you don’t have to carry these items around with you during the show. The coat check will be located in the merchandise area.
- Street Construction: The District will be working on D Street between 6th and 7th during the run of FULL CIRCLE. All businesses (including the parking garage) will be open but there will only be a single lane available for traffic. In addition, street parking on D will be restricted.
We believe this unconventional experience is going to be loads of fun and enhance your enjoyment and appreciation of Chuck Mee’s marvelous play. It is going to be a great adventure and we can’t wait for you to experience it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our box office at 202-393-3939. Thank you so much for your support and belief in Woolly Mammoth. See you at the theatre.
Mike Willis in Fever Dream (2009)
Naomi Jacobson in Maria/Stuart (2008)
Woolly Mammoth would like to thank the following patrons for their generous support of Full Circle:
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
Joan & David Maxwell
J. Chris Babb & James Martin
E & B Family Trust
Scott & Evelyn Schreiber
Judy & Leo Zickler